IPL Twenty20 Cricket 2010 Live Coverage

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Champ Chargers charge from bottom to top

What a tournament it was. After all the drama of 59 matches in 37 matches which included 3 hat-tricks, 2 centuries, plenty of controversies, Fake IPL player it was the bottom placed team of last year the Deccan Chargers that triumphed as the champions this year.

Gilchrist: It could have gone either way. Would like to acknowledge RCB on an outstanding series and to turn it around after the disappointments of last season is a real credit to them and their whole franchise. Pragyan Ojha did a wonderful job and two wickets in two balls that really starts to eat away at a team when they are chasing. In a final it is always a good position to have runs on the board. Harmeet took an amazing catch, amazingly he played in 7 games and we did not lose one of them. Maybe we should have played him in all 15 or 16. Would like to thank SA, and the sponsors. Also thank the owners, it was a tough year last year, but thanks for having faith on us. Also would like to say HI to everyone in Hyderabad, I know it is almost like a Diwali over there.

Anil Kumble: Congrats to Deccan Chargers, the way both teams finished last year and I would like to thank all my team members for their support. I think chasing 144 on this wicket was not a big task, but the wickets of Rahul, Rossco and Virat probably put the brakes on and then the run-rate shot up. Whenever the situation was tough I had to put my hand up and it worked well. I would like to thank everyone who has prayed and wished us back home. Also would like to thank Mallya and team for their support.

Rohit Sharma: Always South Africa has been lucky as we won the World cup so I was happy it was staged here. For the first few games the it was not easy to bat on, but as it progressed I really enjoyed my batting as it suits my style. I just kept it simple and backed myself.

Adam Gilchrist is named the Golden Player of the League.
RP Singh wins the Purple Cap for being the leading wicket taker in this season of the IPL. He picked up 23 wickets.
Orange Cap stays firmly on Matthew Hayden's head.
Rohit Sharma bags the Under-23 Success of the Tournament award.
Anil Kumble is the Man of the Match

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online