IPL Twenty20 Cricket 2010 Live Coverage

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dilshan puts an end to Deccan juggernaut

It was a fine game of cricket. There were too many things happening, too many twists, too many turns. Chargers started off poorly and looked down and out but they got back on track after the Strategy Break. However, just when it looked that they might get more than what they got, they lost a few wickets and were restrcited. When Delhi started the run chase, they lost their way and looked off track. But Dilshan and Karthik stitched a good partnership together and finished the match with a lot of comfort.

Dirk Nannes: Actually was a bit worried with the spot in the side as I have just taken one wicket before today. I was constantly looking over my shoulder. I dont really try to swing it in the 20-20 games. Probably my pace is surprising a lot of people late in the innings. Today I was pretty happy with Gilly's dismissal.

Sehwag: Pretty happy with the performance. Restricting them to under 150 is a great achievement on this wicket. Dirk Nannes is the fastest I have ever faced. Especially since he is left arm he is very hard to face. The hand is fine just the 5 stitches. The boundaries are short on one side and I am playing with 2 spinners, that is why I choose to field first. We are just telling our boys to go and play the 20 overs and if one of the batsmen stays there till the end he will finish it off.

Gilchrist: A bit frustrating today we did not post enough, we were always scrambling to defend. Most of the teams have got dynamic opening combinations. Probably 20 runs short atleast. The wicket played well all day, it played quite a few tricks later on. I have played in a couple of World cups for Australia where we went through undefeated. It does not have to happen. It has happened today and that is reality. We have got to take stock of that.
Dirk Nannes is the Man of the Match

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online