IPL Twenty20 Cricket 2010 Live Coverage

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Yusuf fireworks blow Delhi away


Delhi came back strongly with early wickets. Royals looked like they will slide to another defeat afer half the side were gone for 64. Shane Warne surprisingly kept his big hitters Yusuf and Dimitri for the later part off the innings. That strategy paid off as Yusuf the Bulldozer Pathan came in and simply bludgeoned the hapless Delhi bowlers to all parts of the ground. It was simply the Yusuf show as he blasted Vettori out of the attack. Greame Smith finally came good today as he played the sheet anchor role to perfection. It was a must win game for Royals and they came good on the day.

It was a splendid match right from the start. Delhi did not get off to a good start as they lost Gouti and Viru early. Then as usual ABD played well to help Delhi to 143. It was a par score on a wicket that was playing two paced.

Yusuf: Today was my day. I was hitting them quite well. I didn't target any bowler, I just back my strengths and that is exactly what Smith said to me all the time. Targetting the shorter boundaries was a conscious tactic. I appreciate Warne for planning things so well. A lot of credit goes to him and Smith.

Warne: We thought that Yusuf down the order would be of great help. We wanted someone at the top to stay till the end, Smith used all his experience and that helped us a lot. Yusuf strikes the ball well and he is in good touch too, I always felt that he could do it for us. The ploy worked.

Sehwag: I can't complain about that knock from Yusuf. We dropped a vital catch and when you drop catches, it hurts you a lot. Yusuf Pathan was in good form today and even one of our better bowlers Vettori was hit. We were in control but when Yusuf came in, he hit them very clean and hit them long too. On being commented by Ravi Shastri that even he hits them like this on his day, he said that "I know and that is why I am smiling."

Yusuf Pathan is the Man of the Match for his hurricane knock of 62 from 30 balls.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online